Are you a job seeker interested in applying for Skills for Steel?
Who is eligible?
- Unemployed or working less than 20 hours a week or living on low household income
- 18+ years old
- Not in school
- Legally entitled to work in Canada
- Interest in a career in the Steel Industry.
Skills for Steel is being offered in Hamilton, Brantford, Niagara & Kitchener-Cambridge-Waterloo. Skills For Steel includes:
- Up to 8 weeks skill-specific training in the Steel Industry
- Connections to the industry
- Certificate of Recognition
- 8 weeks paid job placement
- Opportunity for employment
- Graduation ceremony
- Support from Employment Coaches
For more information about Skills for Steel or to speak with an Employment Coach please fill out the form below.
For more information please contact your area’s Skills For Steel team.
This Employment Ontario project is funded in part by the Government of Canada and the Government of Ontario.