Helping Hands is available for children who require additional support and meet the established criteria to ensure the safety of everyone involved during the COVID-19 pandemic.
To discuss the criteria and the potential of additional support for your child please:
Please note that Helping Hands spaces are limited and assigned on a first-come-first-served basis. The fee for Helping Hands is $300 per week.
During the COVID-19 pandemic, Helping Hands is available to support children who:
- Can stay with the group for most of the day in an outdoor environment
- Can interact appropriately with their peers and staff
- May receive some level of support in school or are working on getting an IEP and/or support
- Have some comprehension of physical distancing and personal space
- Have been experiencing high anxiety during the pandemic or are anxious about in person programs
- Can successfully integrate into the group with additional guidance, redirection, and support
- Are not afraid of staff wearing Personal Protective Equipment including a face mask and shield
- Are toilet trained or need little to no assistance with toileting
- Can self-feed or needs little to no assistance with feeding
For the health and safety of everyone involved during the COVID-19 pandemic, the YMCA is not able to provide support to children with tendencies, needs or behaviours that go beyond what is outlined in the criteria above.
Families who are applying for subsidy from the Niagara Region should first complete the subsidy process for Helping Hands prior to contacting the YMCA.
Supported by Canadian Tire Jumpstart Sport Relief Fund