Camp Updates can be found here
- December 21, 2020:
Our second week of YMCA Winter Break Camp is cancelled. Information will follow to affected families soon.
- December 19, 2020:
With Niagara moving into “red” or “protect” we wanted to confirm that at this time, the YMCA of Niagara Winter Break Day Camp will be offered as planned. The YMCA takes our responsibility to help minimize the spread of COVID- 19 seriously and will continue to follow the guidelines and recommendations from local public health, municipalities, and the ministry of health.
To promote the health and safety of everyone involved, the YMCA will be increasing the screening requirements for entry into Day Camp. In addition to parents/ caregivers completing the online health screening, a temperature check will be completed prior to entry. Any staff or child with a forehead temperature of 37.8 degrees celsius or greater will not be permitted into camp and advised to contact their health care professional or public health.
You can support the YMCA, and ensure Day Camp is safe for everyone by:
- Keeping your child home if they or anyone in your household has any symptoms related to COVID-19 and have not received a negative test result.
- Ensuring you are maintaining physical distancing of 2 meters or more from others when dropping off or picking up. Please come to the Day Camp door for pick up and drop off which are separate from the main HFA doors.
- Please adhere to your designed drop off and pick-up time to allow for staggering between camp groups.
- Whenever possible please complete the daily screening questions online in advance to speed up the sign in process (within 1 hour prior to your sign in time).
- Only have one adult (16 and older) drop off and pick up (government issued photo identification is required).
- Please speak to your child about mask wearing and physical distancing prior to camp as both will be required.
- Camp will be outdoors as much as possible. Please send your child to camp with warm clothing for outdoor activities (winter jacket, snow, pants, boots, hats, gloves, etc.). Please clearly label all items with your child’s first and last name.
- Strive to pack lunches and snacks with minimal waste. All wrappers and packaging will be sent home for disposal to avoid children walking to and from the garbage can.
- Please keep all personal items (toys, technology, valuables, etc.) at home.
We look forward to providing your child with a safe and fun camp experience!
- November 13, 2020: Winter Break Camps coming soon!
Follow our website and social media channels for more information
- May 27, 2020: YMCA Summer Camps cancelled
After careful consideration based on the latest COVID-19 developments and recommendations by local and regional health officials, we have decided to cancel our previously scheduled 2020 summer camp programs in Niagara. All families who have paid camp fees will receive a full refund.
For more details, please click here.
- May 1, 2020: Licensed Holiday Break Child Care – Summer Care Update
YMCA Child Care traditionally offers licensed Care for 4 year olds during the school holiday breaks at designated Child Care Centres. As well for summer only, 3 year olds entering junior kindergarten in September have been eligible to register.
At this time the Ministry of Education has mandated the temporary closure of all Licensed Child Care Centres across the province and as a result all YMCA of Niagara Licensed Child Care Centres are currently closed.
The YMCA has made a decision to pause all plans to offer Licensed Holiday Break Child Care for 3 and 4 years old’s during the summer of 2020 until we receive further direction from both the Provincial and Public Health recommendation related to how and when licensed child care programs can resume.
We thank you for your patience and understanding.
- March 24, 2020:
- Niagara West location updates – weeks 3, 7, 9 only
- Jr. Mad Science will be operating out of Beamsville Secondary Schools
- Discovery camp will be moving to the Niagara West branch
- The location change is reflected in the online brochure but not in the original print brochure
- March 18, 2020: YMCA Summer Camp registration is now open.