Group Power® Class
What is Group Power®?
Group Power will blast all your muscles with a high-rep weight training workout. Using an adjustable barbell, weight plates, and body weight, Group Power combines squats, lunges, presses, and curls with functional integrated exercises. Dynamic music and a motivating group atmosphere will get your heart rate up, make you sweat, and push you to a personal best! POWER UP!
Is Group Power® For Me?
Group Power is for just about everyone. Strength training is essential to staying healthy, and Group Power is ideal for:
• New exercisers because of the simplicity of the class
• Men and women of all ages because you get to select how much weight you use.
• Anyone who wants a fun way to add strength training to their workout
• Athletes looking for a training edge
• Women because weight-bearing exercise is proven to reduce the incidence
What Will I do in a Group Power® Class?
Group Power combines traditional strength exercises and the hottest functional training moves, utilizing a barbell, weight plates, and your body weight to make
you fitter and stronger. High-rep training and athletic movements are key components of this results-driven workout. Group Power is developed with a periodized approach to ensure you are constantly changing your workout and challenging your body. Ten tracks are expertly programmed with specific workout objectives:
1. Warm-Up – We grab the barbell with light weight and introduce many of the exercises you’ll be doing over the next hour, warming the body and practicing the movements.
2. Legs – Working the big muscles first, we do Squats and sometimes add in Lunges to get the heart rate going and ignite a fire in the legs, creating great shape and definition.
3. Chest – We strengthen the chest with a variety of exercises, such as the Chest Press, Chest Fly, and Push Ups. You’ll often find new twists on these exercises to maximize your results!
4. Back & Legs – Full-body exercises like Deadlifts, Deadrows, and the Clean & Press really fire up the back and hamstrings and get the heart rate up! Plus, you’ll learn innovative Power movements like the Power Clean, Deadsquats, Reverse Flys, and the Single-Arm Row.
5. Triceps – Shape, build, and define the back of the arms with Tricep Presses, Extensions, Pullovers, and Kickbacks. But beware of the Tricep Push Ups – they’ll push you over the top!
6. Biceps – The best of high-rep weight training, combined with new and unique biceps exercises. Experience the difference with variations on barbell curls, wide grip, offset grip, bicep rows, and even weight plate work.
7. More Legs –This is functional integrated training at its best. Challenge your legs with Power Lunges, Crouches, lateral movements, balance challenges, offset loading, and even plyometrics! You’ll feel like a pro when you learn these moves!
8. Shoulders – A ton of exercises to give you great-looking shoulders. Work the front, top, and back of the shoulders with Upright Rows, Shoulder Presses, Lateral Raises, and Rear Delt Extensions. Plus, groundbreaking functional movements will make you feel like an athlete in training!
9. Core – Concentrate on your core with exercises that train the front, back, and sides of your midsection. There’s always a new way to shake up the routine and ensure your core is strong, solid, and good looking!
10. Stretch – You’ve earned it. Stretching out the muscles from head to toe helps improve overall range of motion and muscular recovery.
Learn more about Group Power® here.
Find a class near you! Group Power® classes are available at each of the following locations: