YMCA Barre Class
What is Barre?
YMCA Barre is a dynamic, energizing class that integrates the ballet barre, weighted balls, resistance bands and other equipment to provide a full body stretch and strength workout. This fitness class takes a dance-like approach, focusing on form and precision while performing isometric movements and emphasizing basic alignment, foundation, specific muscles actions and deep stretching. No dance background is required!
- Instructors can provide guidance in body alignment and posture
- Barre is a more dynamic workout than a typical Pilates class
- It focuses on flexibility, but through movement rather than static stretching
- It allows you to experience a dancer’s warm-up and prepare the body to move with agility and grace
- Barre builds muscular endurance, enhances dynamic flexibility and improves body alignment
Find a class near you! Barre is available at each of the following locations: