Jr. Aquatics Team Member job openings across the Niagara Region
YMCA Membership Branches – St. Catharines, Niagara Falls, Niagara Centre, Fort Erie, Niagara West and Port Colborne
$14.49 per hour to start plus YMCA membership Part time positions to start immediately include days, evenings and weekends
- Experience working with children in a recreational setting.
- Current Bronze Cross
- Currently in or completed high school
- Current Emergency First Aid- must be a certificate that meets the Health Regulations (St. John’s, Red Cross, Life Saving Society or Ski Patrol) – *Standard First Aid will be required upon turning 16 years of age
- Criminal Reference Check with Vulnerable Sector Screening [within 1 year from date of issue] required upon turning 18 years of age
- Serve as a slide attendant and follow TSSA guidelines in slide operations, where in a facility with slides
- Greet each participant during all programs [swim lessons, aquafit, lane swim, open and family swims] and to answer questions and respond to concerns
- Support swim lessons
- Available to consistently act as assistant instructor and teacher for all classes as assigned
- Adhere to the YMCA Child Protection Policies and Procedures as established by the YMCA of Niagara
- Must follow the YMCA Canada Swim Guidelines and Practices
- Start and finish programs on time and provide appropriate setup/take down as required
- Prepare skill item plans appropriate to the level[s] and skill you are leading
- Maintain all program areas in a clean and organized manner and to ensure the space is safe for everyone’s use. To check for potential health and safety hazards at all times when on duty and complete incident reports when necessary.
- Assists in the preparation of interim reports on participant’s progress recognizing their accomplishments and progress
Interested applicants are invited to submit a cover letter and resume along with documentation to verify completion of (or in process of completing) Standard First Aid/CPR(C) by clicking the button above.
The YMCA of Niagara is committed to creating an inclusive environment that accommodates all individuals, including those with disabilities. We support the goals of the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Acts (AODA) and have established policies, procedures and practices which adhere to the accessibility standards set out in the AODA. Should you require any accommodation throughout the recruitment process please do not hesitate contacting our Human Resources Department.
The YMCA of Niagara is an equal opportunity employer.