Minimum starting rate: $18.06 – $19.85 plus YMCA membership. Provincial wage enhancement ($2/hour) is reflected in the wage.
Start Date: Immediately 10 – 20 hours per week, availability within the hours of 7-9am & 2-6pm Monday to Friday Centres are located within schools in the Niagara Region, including Fort Erie, Niagara Falls, Welland, Fonthill, St. Catharines, Niagara on the Lake, Smithville, Grimsby, Beamsville and Thorold
- Early Childhood Education Diploma, or post-secondary child-related educational background
- Experience working with children
- Strong communication skills
- Must be 18 years or older
- Current Standard First Aid & CPR[C]
- Current Criminal Reference Check with Vulnerable Sector Screening within 6 months from date of issue
- Responsible for the care and safety of the children
- Organize and implement activities for the group as outlined in the weekly program plans, including components required by the curriculum
- Maintain a positive and professional relationship with all parents, children and fellow team members
- Provide feedback to parents regarding their children
- Responsible for the physical condition of the child care facility
- Participate in training and adhere to the YMCA Child Protection Policies and Procedures as established by the YMCA of Niagara
All applicants are thanked for their interest. Only those applicants being considered for an interview will be contacted. Accessibility accommodations and materials in alternate formats for individuals with disabilities can be arranged upon request. To apply please click the button above.
The YMCA of Niagara is committed to creating an inclusive environment that accommodates all individuals, including those with disabilities. We support the goals of the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Acts (AODA) and have established policies, procedures and practices which adhere to the accessibility standards set out in the AODA. Should you require any accommodation throughout the recruitment process please do not hesitate contacting our Human Resources Department.
The YMCA of Niagara is an equal opportunity employer.