YMCA Youth Action Team Member Job Posting – Part-time & Supply Positions Available
Minimum hiring rate: $14.00/hour plus a $0.54/hour premium (when off-site), YMCA Membership Benefits
- The YMCA is looking for applicants who want to be a role model of healthy lifestyles and physical activity for youth, and make a difference within their community.
- Due to the age of participants served, candidates must be 17 years or older
- Experience delivering youth recreational and leadership programs is an asset
- Enrolment or completion of a university degree or college diploma in Recreation, Physical Education, Child and Youth Studies, or a related field an asset
- Current Standard First Aid & CPR-C
- Team members must be willing and able to participate in active games on a regular basis, and will also be responsible for planning and implementing various aspects of the program.
- Reliable transportation to programs throughout the Niagara Region is preferred
- Criminal Reference Check with Vulnerable Sector Screening [within 1 year from date of issue]
- Plan and lead recreational programs for youth ages 10 to 14 Monday to Fridays at local schools throughout the Niagara Region. Staff shifts may begin as early as 2:30 pm or 5:30 pm
- Supervise and lead recreational activities during Friday Night drop-in programs in branch
- Build relationships with youth and be a positive role model
- Participate in training and adhere to the YMCA Child Protection Policies and Procedures as established by the YMCA of Niagara
- Possibility of 6 to 25 hours a week available
- Preference will be given to those individuals with at least 3 nights availability as well as Friday nights
Only those applicants being considered for an interview will be contacted. Accessibility accommodations and materials in alternate formats for individuals with disabilities can be arranged upon request.
To apply please click the button above.
The YMCA of Niagara is committed to creating an inclusive environment that accommodates all individuals, including those with disabilities. We support the goals of the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Acts (AODA) and have established policies, procedures and practices which adhere to the accessibility standards set out in the AODA. Should you require any accommodation throughout the recruitment process please do not hesitate contacting our Human Resources Department. The YMCA of Niagara is an equal opportunity employer.