Aquatics Job Posting – Hiring Swim Instructors and Lifeguards
- We offer competitive wages plus YMCA membership benefits.
- Part time positions to start immediately include days, evenings and weekends
- Experience working with children in a recreational setting.
- Current Standard First Aid/CPR[C] – must be a certificate that meets the Health Regulations (St. John’s, Red Cross, Life Saving Society or Ski Patrol)
- Current NLS and YMCA Swim Instructors or equivalent and LS Lifesaving Instructors [within 2 years from date of issue].
- YMCA Aquatic Fitness certification or equivalent an asset.
- Criminal Reference Check with Vulnerable Sector Screening [within 1 year from date of issue]
- Responsible for providing excellent member service following YMCA Priority SAM 2.1 standards and principles.
- To instruct by and follow YMCA Canada Swim Guidelines and Practices.
- To lifeguard in accordance to YMCA of Niagara Guidelines and Practices, Ontario Health Regulations and TSSA Standards [where applicable]
- Support and work as part of a staff/volunteer team.
- Responsible for the safety and security of the members and participants.
- Participate with the children in a positive and supportive manner taking into consideration each child’s uniqueness.
- Administrative duties associated with instructing and lifeguarding.
- To keep program areas clean, organized and safe for everyone’s use.
- Participate in training and adhere to the YMCA Child Protection Policies and Procedures as established by the YMCA of Niagara
- Applicants must have current qualifications as required by position
All applicants are thanked for their interest. Only those applicants being considered for an interview will be contacted. Accessibility accommodations and materials in alternate formats for individuals with disabilities can be arranged upon request.
To apply please click the button above.
The YMCA of Niagara is committed to creating an inclusive environment that accommodates all individuals, including those with disabilities. We support the goals of the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Acts (AODA) and have established policies, procedures and practices which adhere to the accessibility standards set out in the AODA. Should you require any accommodation throughout the recruitment process please do not hesitate contacting our Human Resources Department. The YMCA of Niagara is an equal opportunity employer.