Selecting the right Camp
- Is your child the correct age for the camp selected by the first day of the camp?
- Choose a camp that meet’s your child’s interests by reviewing the camp descriptions, chart and site information
- Will your child be successful in a 1 to 12 staff to camper ratio? If they would benefit from a smaller ratio please check out Helping Hands on page 15
- Camp will not be offered on Canada Day (Wednesday, July 1) or the Civic Holiday (Monday, August 3). All camp fees are pro-rated for weeks 1 & 6.
- Swimming is available for campers ages 7 and older. Swimming schedules vary by location and range from 3 to 5 days per week (weather permitting).
- As a charitable organization the YMCA strives to ensure every child can participate in camp. For information on Financial Assistance please see the back cover.
- Individuals 16+ who are listed as an authorized pick up will be the only ones able to pick up a child from camp, and will be required to show valid government issued photo identification each day.
- All camps are a full week except for Aquatics (2 wks), Leader in Training (2 wks), Counsellor in Training (3 wks), and Discovery Camps (3 or 4 day a week registration).
- Once you register you will receive an email with your receipt and a confirmation letter with information about camp events and how to stay connected with the camp community.
- More information about YMCA Day Camps is available in the Day Camp Handbook including what to bring, code of conduct, camp schedules and more.
Want email updates from YMCA Day Camp? Please ensure you say YES to email consent when registering.