Youth Leadership Programs
The online YMCA Youth Leadership Program provides youth with a solid leadership foundation that will help them identify what type of leader they want to be, and how to embrace, adapt and implement their leadership skills in a variety of settings. The program incorporates goal setting, effective communication, mental health, and successful habits to create a well-rounded learning experience.
As a charitable organization, the YMCA understands the significance of giving back and encourages youth to be an active member of their community. Through participation in the Youth Leadership Program youth will develop skills that can be utilized during community service opportunities and demonstrated through a service-learning project. The project reinforces the importance of giving back to the community; thereby allowing youth to gain an understanding of how they can support local charities and not-for profits with a current need.
- For youth 13 to 18 years of age
- 8-week progressive online program
- Youth receive ongoing support and feedback from an YMCA mentor
- 20 hours of relevant and engaging learning activities
- Completion of eight independent learning modules (8 hours)
- Participation in weekly discussion and activities on zoom (8 hours)
- Involvement in a community serving learning project (4 hours)