YMCA Aquatic Specialty Programs
Bringing swimmers together for organized activities in the water
Whether you’re new to the pool or looking for some friendly competition, our programs will keep you moving and having fun.
COVID-19 has affected some of our programming and we are currently NOT offering most Aquatic fitness and specialty programs, and certification courses; for more the most up-to-date information, please see our Reactivation.
Aquatics Youth Leadership (members only)
Aquatics Youth Leadership will develop your young swimmer’s leadership skills, work on aquatic techniques, promote fitness and create lasting relationships that will contribute to participants’ future endeavors in an aquatic setting. Participants must attend aquatic leader corps to volunteer in swim lessons.
Prerequisite: Star 7 or equivalent Course Fee: $0 Find out about the Making Waves Swimming and Leadership Bursary which covers 90% of the cost to take the qualification courses to become a lifeguard. Click here to apply or to learn more.
- The Walker Family YMCA Outdoor Splash Pad opens during the summer season
- Members and non-members are welcome during the Family Splash times
- All Splash Times are weather dependent
- Non-members pay $1 per child regardless of age
- Children under the age of 16 must be accompanied by a parent/guardian 16+ years
- Parents/guardians are responsible for the supervision of their children