Welcome back to the YMCA of Niagara!
We are excited to share details related to the reopening of our Niagara West, Port Colborne and St. Catharines facilities on September 30!
While we know some members will be eager to return, we also know some may not be ready at this time. Our Stage One Reactivation Program Schedules outline all the changes and safety measures you can expect to see when you arrive back at your YMCA. These also showcase the expectations, and member etiquette parameters, the requirements for masks, physical distancing, enhanced sanitization and cleaning schedules.
As more members return to the YMCA we will add onto to the hours, programs, and services available.
- Program Schedules
- Safety Procedures
- Masks and Health Check
- Booking Workouts using EZ Facility
- Membership Reactivation and Billing
Check out our What to Expect Video:
- Indoor track is currently not available (Niagara West and St. Catharines)
- Pool not currently available in St. Catharines
- At this time, we are not offering swimming lessons
- Access to the YMCA during Stage One Reactivation is limited to those aged 13 and up
New Safety Procedures
The safety of our members, staff, and community is our number one priority. We have put the following measures in place to help you feel safe upon your return to your YMCA here in Niagara:
- Masks worn by all members and staff (may be removed when one is settled into their workout station)
- Glass barriers at Membership Desks
- Health checks prior to entry
- Single one-way directional entry and exit
- No change rooms open at this time (with some exceptions for swimmers only)
- Physical distancing measures to maintain 2 metres between other people
- Increased sanitization and disinfection
- Increased hand-sanitizing stations
- Limited building access and capped fitness class sizes to support physical distancing
- No Day Passes, Guest Passes or Swim Passes at this time to ensure access for our members
Masks and Health Check
All members are required to wear a mask within the facility, but it may be removed when working out. Members and staff must also complete a wellness check prior to entering the YMCA of Niagara. This check may be completed up to two hours prior to arrival.
Doing a health screening is as simple as going online to the Health Check page, and quickly answering three (3) questions. Once you have completed the screening, you will:
- either see a green screen signifying you are clear to enter the facility
- or a red screen letting you know you will need to wait a bit longer before visiting us (we’re sorry, but its for the safety and benefit of us all)
Once you have received a green screen, you may proceed to show the staff located at the front desk, where they will then take a quick temperature check. Provided your temperature does not suggest a fever, you may scan your membership card and enter the facility.
Thank you for your patience and understanding as we go through this process.
- These health checks must be done within a two-hour window before entering the facility
To help manage and maintain numbers within the building—and to ensure there’s a spot ready just for you—members must book their workout in advance using EZ Facility or by calling your local branch.
For your convenience the Fitness Centre does not need to be booked in advance, however, we will have a maximum number of members able to attend per hour. Due to this, we ask that you limit your workout to 60 minutes.
Gyms, lane swims and fitness classes are available for booking using EZ Facility. There is no limit to number of blocks members can book per week.
Follow these steps if you are unfamiliar with EZ Facility:
- To request your personal login for EZ Facility so you can start booking your workouts click here.
- To book a session, go to EZ Facility
- Enter your login information
- Click the “Book Sessions” tab in the left navigation bar, take a look at the available classes and activities
- Select “Book” beside your choice
- You will then be sent a confirmation email with your booking
- Registration opens seven days/one week in advance of the scheduled workout and/or fitness class
Membership Reactivation and Billing
Thank you for being a member of the YMCA of Niagara
As mentioned above, this month, we are reopening our Health, Fitness and Aquatics locations for members aged 13 and up at three of our centres:
- Niagara West
- Port Colborne
- St. Catharines
All memberships (for members aged 13 and up) will be reactivated on September 30, 2020 and monthly billing will resume on October 15. Payments for YMCA Memberships are always set up for the upcoming month. The billing cycle for your first payment is as below:
|PAYMENT DATE||BILLING CYCLE||FIRST PAYMENT DATE|
|Payments on 15th of each month||September 30-November 14||October 15|
|Payments on last day of the month||September 30-November 29||October 31|
All members will receive a credit for any time lost due to closure mid-March which will be applied to your first payment. If you have children on your account aged 12 and under in your family membership, we will apply a credit to your account.
Rest assured if your membership is reactivated and you do not wish to return at this time, we will of course refund any amounts charged.
Our Plus Locker Rooms and amenities will not be available in Stage One. Plus members will automatically be charged the General Adult membership rate for their location.
Not ready to return yet?
If you are not ready to resume your membership yet, please complete the Hold or Cancellation Form below.
We look forward to seeing you soon.
Please know, as a charitable association we offer financial assistance; if you wish to discuss this further please contact: email@example.com
Please fill one of the forms below:
Interested in attending another Y location?
If you are a YMCA of Niagara member from a location that hasn’t reopened yet and you are ready to come back to the Y and would like to attend one of the Niagara West, Port Colborne or St. Catharines locations, can simply complete the Join Form below.
By completing the Join Form you will be submitting your intention to return, your new preferred location, and we will reactivate your membership and billing accordingly.
Please fill the form below:
- ‘What to Expect‘ video – Health, Fitness & Aquatics
- Stage One program schedule
- Pre-workout health check
Child Care, EarlyON, and Employment & Immigrant Services
We have launched a phased approach to the reactivation of our Pre-School Child Care Centres to support working parents, who require care to enter back into the workforce and begin re-energizing and stimulating our economy.
We are also continuing to provide virtual services in our EarlyON activities as well as Employment Services (YouTube) and Immigrant Services, and our YMCA at Home channel. These remain our focus and priority.
At the YMCA of Niagara, we believe our number one priority is to ensure the health and safety of all of our members, our families and our staff that choose our YMCA to meet their health and fitness needs.
THANK YOU for your continued support and patience. We are in this together!
We’re busy getting ready and doing everything possible to ensure our facilities meet the highest standards of health and safety. We are also modifying our policies and programs to ensure proper physical distancing practices. The YMCA of Niagara has been undergoing a thorough deep cleaning during our closure; we are modifying spaces, floor plans, access points, traffic flow and more.
We all have a shared responsibility to support the safety of ourselves and those around us as we continue to reduce the spread of COVID-19.
The YMCA of Niagara is a charity dedicated to helping communities connect, belong and thrive. The closure of our physical spaces, programs and services as a result of COVID-19 has come at a significant cost to our YMCA, just as it has for many businesses in our community and placed us in a financial position where we have to be extremely prudent to ensure we can continue to serve our members and communities for years to come.
We can’t wait to open the doors of our YMCA health, fitness and aquatic centres. Until then, Be Well, Be Safe and Stay Healthy!